The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Regulations - Del Mar
This workshop does NOT address typical residential composting or large-scale commercial composting. It is intended for those systems that fall in between: farms, parks, community gardens, schools, businesses, etc.
In this workshop, we'll cover the following topics:
- Field experts address regulatory compliance; guest speakers from Hidden Resources and the County of San Diego Department of Environmental Health Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)
- Permitting exclusions
- Unique regulations for mid-scale vermicomposting; guest speaker from A.B. Jones.
The hands-on section will include:
- Tour of working mid-scale worm bin
Learn about mid-scale regulations first-hand from our knowledgeable guest speakers. Erin E. McCowen has been an Environmental Health and Safety Inspector with the County of San Diego LEA for 2 years, and is a composting operations specialist. A.B. Jones is a social venture that partners with local industies to divert organic waste from landfills and create nutrient-rich soil amendments.
Space is limited. Thanks to the County of San Diego, this event is FREE. However a REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of $20* is required to register for this event. This deposit will be completely refunded when you sign in at the event. There will be no refunds for cancellations or after the event. Unincorporated County of San Diego residentsreceive preferential registration. Other registrants will be placed on a wait list. If space is available, registration will be opened to non-residents 1 to 2 weeks before the start of the course in order of wait list.
*If the deposit presents a financial hardship, please contact Diane Hazard at email@example.com to apply for a scholarship.
This event is part of the Mid-Scale Composting series:
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series:Overview - Del Mar - March 24, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - San Marcos & Escondido (1 of 2 Days) - March 31, 2018
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series:Management - Del Mar - April 14, 2018
- The Composting for Farms, Schools & Community Gardens Workshop Series: Benefits - Del Mar - April 28, 2018
- Mid-Scale Composting Field Trips - Encinitas (2 of 2 Days) - April 28, 2018