UC ANR Urban Ag Workshop: Marketing & Business Management for Urban Farmers
Are you an urban farmer evaluating potential marketing venues and methods? A gardener who is thinking of selling some of your produce? A non-profit organization involved in producing food for your community? This special one-day workshop on Thursday, April 19, 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm, will help position you for success. Participants will:
- Begin planning a marketing strategy that meets your mission, vision and economic goals.
- Learn the benefits and challenges of a variety of direct marketing channels, including farm stands, farmers’ market sales, selling to restaurants, CSAs and others.
- Explore some basic elements of bookkeeping, cash flow and planning for profitability.
- Learn about important labor and employment laws for urban farmers
- Meet and learn from experienced local urban farmers about their sales and marketing plans and methods, and from a local farmers’ market manager about what it takes to sell successfully at a farmers’ market.
- Tour a local urban farm.
The cost is $20, which includes a resource packet, refreshments, and lunch. Pre-registration is required.
Register now at http://ucanr.edu/sdurbanag2018
This is the third in a series of four San Diego County workshops that will be held on 3/23, 4/5, 4/19, and 4/26, covering additional urban agriculture topics.