About Urban Agriculture Incentive Zones (AB551)
AB551 is a state law that allows land owners in urban areas to receive tax incentives for putting land into agricultural use. For landowners in San Diego County to benefit from this state law, county and city jurisdictions must work together to designate approved Urban Agriculture Incentive Zones.
For more info: http://www.uaizsd.com/
North County Workshop - In partnership with Supervisor Dave Roberts' office
Location: Leichtag Commons
441 Saxony Rd Encinitas, CA 92024
- Network with urban agriculture supporters & learn about...
- Urban Agriculture Incentive Zones and adopting the policy in your cities
- Ways to get involved in advocacy to expand urban agriculture in your cities
- 4:00-4:10pm Registration
- 4:10-4:30pm Opening remarks (Jim Farley- CEO of Leichtag Foundation, Supervisor Dave Roberts, Elly Brown- San Diego Food System Alliance)
- 4:30-5:15pm Nuts & bolts - What is AB551 and how will it work in a City + Q&A
- 5:15-6:00pm Community member discussions: moving the policy forward in your cities